It’s Monday and for many, school is starting again or perhaps you’re getting ready to start your day at work. You’re probably thinking about coming home already and all the relaxing things you can do when you finally finish your homework or that terrible presentation you have to prepare for work. I’m here to offer you some wonderful TV shows worth your time and energy that are perfect for binge watching.
- FriendsI don’t know how anyone could hate this show and if you haven’t heard/seen at least one episode before, I am begging you please…get on that right now. I can’t tell you how obsessed I am with this show and I probably shouldn’t in this post because I feel like my Friends rant should be saved for another very special post entirely dedicated to it. But in all seriousness, I watch this all day, everyday. You come to love the quirky characters in this show that all have a little something that is completely relatable to your life. If you’re in need of a show that isn’t super dramatic and very funny, Friends is the way to go.
- Suits Suits is another show that just gives me all the feels. I am fan girling so hard right now just thinking about it. This show is fast paced, easy to follow and completely addicting. Sooner or later, you will find yourself engrossed in the lives of Mike Ross and Harvey Specter. I don’t want to give anything away but if you love legal drama, Suits is really the best. Side note, I got to meet Patrick J Adams (a.k.a Mike Ross, pictured left) last year and I think I might have cried a little, he’s perfect.
- Grey’s Anatomy So…Grey’s. I have a funny relationship with this show. I watched it many many years ago when I was still in middle school and got completely addicted. However, we only had up to season 4 on DVD and I guess with school and everything, I kind of just forgot about it. Last month, I decided to start all over and watch the whole thing. This show is my current binge watch of the month and although I am only on season 4, I have not stopped watching. This show is one that you just cannot stop watching, what with the cliff hangers and crazy drama, you just can’t help but watch the next episode. I know I’m in for a crazy emotional roller coaster but I’ve actually prepared myself and sadly… I do know a lot of the major things that happens on the show BUT despite that I am still so caught up in the lives of everyone at the hospital that I , can’t stop and won’t stop watching.
- How I Met Your Mother There is a special place in my heart for this show. I love it so much. I have to admit, it does have similar vibes to Friends but with a modern twist. The whole show surrounds this one mystery of who the mother is and the show basically revolves around this big secret. The characters are lovable and their stories are believable. I won’t spoil anything but even after the show’s ending, these people stay with you and lets be honest, if you’ve watched a show for nine seasons, you start to get attached to the characters a little bit. The humour is great and never super overdone and it’s a very light hearted comedy for everyone to enjoy.
- The Office The Office is… a crazy show to say the least. I really don’t know how to describe it. Yes, the humour can be a little cheesy and some scenarios unrealistic but somehow the crazy weirdos on this show make it all worth while. The characters really develop nicely throughout the seasons and it’s really nice to see people change and evolve over time. This is another show that is perfect for someone who doesn’t want the responsibility of being stressed out over what happens next on the show. It’s humorous and a very light show to watch. Plus…you’ve got Jim and Pam!! If you haven’t seen the show before, you’ll see what I’m talking about 🙂
- Gilmore Girls I grew up with Gilmore Girls and it’s crazy scary how much of my life and myself I see in this show. This show has the depth and humour that make a good show great. The writing is witty, the acting is natural and the stories are endless. The chemistry between Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham is absolutely amazing. They really are the perfect mother daughter duo. I think this show really brings to light a lot of the problems and ups and downs everyone has to deal with because not only do we get to follow Rory (daughter) on her journey throughout high school and college, we get to see how Lorelei deals with life as a single mother. After Friends, I would say this is my second favourite show of all time. If you haven’t seen it, this is a must!!
- How To Get Away With Murder This show is intense and not for the light hearted. Some real serious stuff goes down and if you’re not ready to be glued to this show until you finish it, don’t watch it. I really could not stop watching, I put off essays, studying and basically my life for this show. The premise of the whole story is just so intriguing and although at times things can get confusing, especially during the first few episodes…things start to unravel soon enough.
These are my top top picks and of course I have many shows on my list to watch that I haven’t gotten around to! Leave a comment below and tell me what your favourite shows are!!